JCS Hi-Torque is a world-leading manufacturer of high performance worm drive hose clips for markets throughout the world, with a proud reputation for integrity, innovation and quality. Skilled, conscientious and hard-working staff are key to our success.
Our current vacancies will appear below when available:
Trainee Machine Setter/Operator
Job Type Full time (Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5pm Fri 8.00am-1pm)
Location Sudbury, Suffolk
Start Date ASAP
Salary £8.12 per hour + Bonus
38 Days holiday PA (including statutory bank holidays)
Successful family engineering business is looking to recruit a Trainee machine setter to join our highly successful team on a permanent basis based in Sudbury, Suffolk.
Candidates for this position must have good attention to detail and previous experience of machine or manual assembly of products preferably within a similar environment will be an advantage.
- To operate, set, repair, and maintain an assortment of Press, Thread rolling and Heading and machinery
- To test quality and record information
- To transport parts and materials using manual and powered lifting equipment
- To provide cover for other departments as required
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Good team player
- Good organisational skills and methodical thinker
- Ability to stay calm in a fast paced environment
- Attention to accuracy and detail and quality driven
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions and numbering
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Must be capable of lifting up to 20kg occasionally and a negligible amount constantly at a minimum of 8.5 hours per work shift
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 11thJanuary 2019