A Proud Heritage
The story starts in London
JCS stands for Jukes Coulson, Stokes & Co Ltd, the origins of which can be traced back to 1768 when Jukes Coulson was listed in the first London Directory as ‘Iron Merchants’. The name was changed to Jukes Coulson, Stokes in 1870 when Thomas Newton Stokes joined the company
The business grew steadily through exporting hardware and ironmongery via the nearby London docks, moving to Plaistow, East London in 1908 to focus on the manufacture of large welded steel fabrications and welded drums.
Hose clip production commences…
The first contract for manufacture of hose clips was received in 1946, which grew to the point that welded steel fabrications were phased out completely by 1960 in favour of hose clip production.
Our own range, and a move to Suffolk
In 1964 JCS commenced production of our own range of Hi-Torque heavy duty hose clamps, and as demand grew we moved from East London to a purpose built factory in Sudbury, Suffolk in 1973.
We continued to manufacture Hose Clips right up to 1982, when we launched the globally popular JCS Hi-Grip hose clip range. As demand grew further the Sudbury plant was enlarged to 44,000 sq. ft. (4,000 m²) three years later.
Continued growth and expansion
Supply of P-Clips began in 1993, resulting in the factory being extended further the following year to incorporate a specialist electro-plating facility. The hugely popular range of tamper-resistant Tamtorque Clamps was released in 1999.
The company continues to build upon its proud heritage, with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation within the specialist field of hose clip manufacture.
Call us now on 01787 888031 or email us for details of your local stockist or specialist distributor.